Click here for the complete ASX Listing Rules – Guidance Note 8. This guidance note relates to listed company disclosure obligations. The contents of Guidance Note 8 are as follows:
|The purpose of this Guidance Note
- To assist listed entities to understand and comply with their continuous disclosure obligations under Listing rules 3.1, 3.1A and 3.1B
- Listing Rule 3.1A sets out the exceptions to that general rule
- Listing Rule 3.1B requires information to be disclosed to ASX if ASX asks for it to correct or prevent a false market
|The main points it covers
- When is information “market sensitive”?
- What does “immediately” mean?
- How to use trading halts to manage disclosure obligations
- The exceptions to the requirement to disclose immediately
- What is a “false market”?
- Responding to media/analyst commentary/speculation and market rumours
- Earning guidance and earnings surprises
- ASX’s enforcement practices (including price queries and aware letters)
|Related materials you should read
- Annexure A: Worked examples of the operation of Listing Rule 3.1
- Annexure B: Relevant provisions of the Corporations Act
- Annexure C: Guidance on compliance policies
- Guidance Note 12 Significant Changes to Activities
- Guidance Note 14 ASX Market Announcements Platform
- Guidance Note 16 Trading Halts and Voluntary Suspensions