Victoria Registry, Federal Court of Australia (VID1494/2016).
Date of Filing
29 December 2016.
TPT Patrol Pty Ltd as trustee for Amies Superannuation Fund v Myer Holdings Limited.
Solicitors for Applicant
Solicitors for Respondent
Australian Funding Partners Limited.
On 11 September 2014, Myer disclosed to the market that it expected to achieve a Net Profit After Tax (NPAT) in excess of $98.5 million in the 2015 financial year. On 19 March 2015 Myer made an announcement to the ASX foreshadowing a downgrade in NPAT for the 2015 financial year in the range of $75 to $80 million (excluding one-off costs).
This proceeding alleges that:
- Myer engaged in misleading and deceptive conduct by forecasting that it expected to achieve a NPAT in excess of $98.5 million in the 2015 financial year; and
- that Myer failed to disclose price sensitive information in a timely manner to the market about the 2015 financial year earnings forecast prior to 19 March 2015.
Shareholders who acquired an interest in ordinary shares in Myer during the period 11 September 2014 to 18 March 2015 (inclusive) and still held an interest in some or all of those shares at the commencement of trading on 19 March 2015.
Capacity to Join
- By Tuesday 10 March 2020, the applicant file and serve any further proposed evidence on loss assessment that it seeks leave to adduce.
- Further hearing of the matter Thursday 19 March 2020 at 9.30 am.
1. TPT Patrol Pty Ltd as trustee for Amies Superannuation Fund v Myer Holdings Limited  FCA 1747 (24 October 2019)