|Claim Period:||03-Jul-15 to 26-Apr-16|
|Shares traded in Period (m):||192.1|
|Price change on disclosure:||-$0.90|
|Market Cap Drop ($m):||183.5|
Victorian Registry, Federal Court of Australia (VID508/2017).
Date of Filing
9 May 2017.
John Webster ATF The Elcar Pty Ltd Super Fund Trust V Murray Goulburn Co-Operative Co Limited & Ors.
Solicitors for Applicant
Solicitors for Respondents
Solicitor for the Second Defendant: K&L Gates.
Solicitor for the First, Third and Fifth to Thirteenth Defendants: Herbert Smith Freehills.
Solicitor for the Fourth Defendant: Corrs Chambers Westgarth.
Overview of Claim
In summary, claims made in the Murray Goulburn Class Action on behalf of Group Members principally concern allegations that:
- the MG Responsible Entity (MGRE), being the trustee and responsible entity for the MGUT, Murray Goulburn Co-operative Co. Ltd (MGC), and/or their respective directors as relevant did not comply with their respective obligations as concerned the publication of the Product Disclosure Statement on 29 May 2015, and in particular as concerned financial forecasts for the FY2015 and FY2016 financial years;
- MGRE did not comply with the continuous disclosure obligations which applied to the MGUT after listing on 3 July 2015; and
- MGRE breached its fiduciary duties arising as trustee of the MGUT which it owed to Group Members, and contravened duties to Group Members to which it was subject as a responsible entity pursuant to the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
Shareholders who purchased units (units) in the MG Unit Trust (MGUT):
- pursuant to the product disclosure statement (PDS) issued by the second defendant and dated 29 May 2015; and/or
- on or after 3 July 2015 and prior to 2 May 2017.
Capacity to Join
Status of Claim
Case Management Hearing on 21 September 2018.