COVID-19 Business Interruption Insurance Claims
Valid business interruption insurance claims have arisen from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Register your interest to find out whether you have a claim.
Registration is free, confidential and without obligation.
ICP is currently investigating legal claims on behalf of businesses against a number of insurers that provided business interruption insurance cover during the COVID-19 pandemic.
While a considerable number of these policy wordings contain exclusions for losses arising from pandemics, including exclusions that were the subject of a recent test case ran unsuccessfully by insurers, ICP have identified a range of BI policies that may correspond to losses arising from COVID-19.
YOU MAY HAVE A CLAIM.
While some BI claims rejected by insurers may have no legal grounds for dispute, there are many other BI claims that have legal merit to be pursued.
Do any of the following circumstances apply to you?
- You haven’t made a claim but held BI insurance before and during COVID-19;
- You made a BI claim in respect of the COVID-19 pandemic and it has been rejected;
- You made a BI claim in respect of the COVID-19 pandemic and it has been accepted but the pay-out was not reasonable;
- You read somewhere or have been advised by your insurer (or their representative) that BI claims due to the COVID-19 pandemic are not covered, so you haven’t claimed,
then you may have a claim for COVID-19 related business losses.
Click “I’m interested”:
- for your free and confidential check to confirm whether you have a claim; and
- to register your interest in a class action (or other appropriate vehicle) against your insurer.
Policy checks and registration are confidential, cost-free and obligation-free.
The insurance industry has estimated that approximately 250,000 businesses have claims worth up to $10billion in the aggregate. After we have developed a clear understanding of the nature of claims referred to us via our review of the respective insurance policies, we aim to seek resolution for those businesses with valid claims with their insurers via a non-adversarial process. If the non-adversarial process is not successful, we propose to proceed with collective actions against those insurers on a no-win, no-fee basis.
Any questions? Email the team at email@example.com or phone 1300 352 505.